Make It Cheaper’s complaints procedure and promise
We strive to offer the highest level of expertise and care at every stage of the service we offer. However, if something does go wrong and you want to make a complaint, we will be fully committed to fixing it as efficiently as possible.
Below you’ll find all the information you need about making a complaint, including how to contact us and what we promise to do next.
What’s gone wrong?
- If you’re unhappy with the service you’ve received from Make It Cheaper, one of our employees or one of our suppliers, let us know and we’ll look into it straightaway.
- If you believe you’ve experienced financial loss as a result of switching with us, please get in touch with us at the earliest opportunity. We will treat a complaint like this very seriously, and the sooner we’re made aware, the sooner we can investigate.
- If your service has been cut off prematurely during your switch, we’ll treat this as an urgent matter and contact your new provider to try and get your service started as soon as possible. Please note that this is extremely unlikely to occur during an energy switch.
How long before your complaint is resolved?
- If your complaint is made by email or post, one of our customer service advisors will be in touch within one working day to confirm it’s been received and that we’re working on it.
- We’ll keep you updated on the progress of your complaint at least every two working days.
- We aim to resolve any complaint within ten working days.
If your complaint relates to business insurance and we have not been able to resolve it, you may be able to seek help from the Financial Ombudsman Service:
Their service is free for you to use.
They will only assist with unresolved complaints once 8 weeks has passed since your initial complaint, or after you have received a Final Response letter from us (which we send by First Class post) – whichever comes first.
You will need to contact them within 6 months of receiving our Final Response letter.
Or, if your complaint has been unresolved for 8 weeks you have six months to contact the Financial Ombudsman Service.
Their website is www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk, and it provides more information about the service they provide and the various ways they can be contacted.
We are not responsible for the content on their website.
How to get in touch with us
It’s a good idea to keep any current bills, statements or other relevant documentation handy throughout the process.
You can reach the safe hands of our customer service team by:
- Phone - 0800 158 5263 (lines open between 9am & 5.30pm Monday to Thursday and 9am & 5pm on Fridays).
- Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post -
Customer Service team,
Make It Cheaper,
The Minster Building,
21 Mincing Lane,
Running your business is about to get a lot easier
Our expert service helps you get on – and stay on – lower, fairer rates for electricity, gas, landline, broadband, merchant services and insurance.
Call us to get started.