How to set up a merchant services account
There are a number of good reasons to start accepting card payments into your small business:
- Customers generally expect and prefer to make payments by card
- You can give customers the ability to buy something even if they don't have cash on them
- Your security levels will increase by keeping less cash on your premises
- Balancing the books is far easier without numerous cash transactions to sort through.
If you've decided to set up card payments for the first time in your small business; we can help you do it. Just follow these 3 simple steps.
1. Shop around for the best merchant account
To accept card payments into your business, you will need to open a merchant account. A merchant account allows you process card payments and have the money for those purchases moved into a business bank account of your choice.
The majority of high street banks offer merchant accounts in partnership with third party providers, but remember: you don't have to open a merchant account with your business banking partner.
Make sure you shop around for a merchant account. There are many third party merchant account providers out there who offer highly competitive rates and operate separately from the high street banks.
2. Call us today on 0800 092 5399
If you're setting up a new merchant account, a little help from us can go a long way. Our Merchant Service experts can help you by:
- Finding the best rates for your small business by comparing the market
- Giving you comprehensive and expert advice
- Taking care of all the paperwork
- Talking you through the entire process
Call us today for a free, no obligation quote and we'll answer any questions you may have.
3. Choose a merchant account provider
Once you've had your free quote, the rest is simple.
- Choose your new merchant account provider
- We'll send you an email with your new contract attached
- Simply read the contract, sign it and return it to us
- We'll take care of the admin and arrange to have your terminals delivered within 7 days.
To get the ball rolling, call Make It Cheaper on 0800 092 5399 and speak to a merchant services specialist. Alternatively, fill out our call back form.
Running your business is about to get a lot easier
Our expert service helps you get on – and stay on – lower, fairer rates for electricity, gas, landline, broadband, merchant services and insurance.
Call us to get started.