Compare Workshop Insurance
What is workshop insurance?
Whether you own a mechanical repair, carpentry, joinery or any other type of workshop, you’ll rely on tools and equipment to keep your business running. So, you’ll need to be covered in the event of your equipment becoming damaged, lost or stolen. That way, you can replace or repair it quickly.
You’ll also need protection against legal fees and compensation costs should an employee get injured. There is always a risk, as they deal with specialist equipment.
Why do I need workshop insurance?
Workshop insurance protects your business against financial losses related to employee injury or illness, and damage, loss or theft of your equipment. If your business relies on certain items of equipment to function, having this type of cover is essential.
Which type of workshop insurance do I need?
Whether you work on your own or employ staff, you’ll need quality commercial insurance to protect your workshop against risks and claims. Here are a few examples of the policies you’ll need:
- Public liability insurance: Protects you against claims related to a customer, client or third party becoming injured, ill or suffering property damage.
- Business contents insurance: Covers the replacement of items, if damaged, lost or stolen.
- Business tools and equipment insurance: Covers the replacement of equipment, if damaged, lost or stolen.
- Employers liability insurance: Employers’ liability insurance protects against claims related to injury or illness.
- Product liability insurance: Protects against claims for personal injury or property damage caused by a product your business designed, sold or supplied.
- Professional liability insurance: Covers cost of claims related to poor service or advice.
- Business interruption insurance: Provides financial support if your business is forced to close.
How much does workshop insurance cost?
This depends on a number of factors, including the type and size of your workshop. All commercial insurance packages should be unique and adapted to the needs of your business.
The main factors that affect the price of your insurance are:
- The potential for risk: The likelihood that you’ll need to make a claim will be assessed.Nature of your business: You may be required by law to have certain policies in place due to your number of employees or main trade.Levels of cover: This depends on the size of your contents and building.Size of your business: Your turnover and number of employees.
To find the right balance between cost and cover, call us on 0800 068 5222.
What are the limits and exclusions to workshop insurance?
As with all insurance policies, there are a few exclusions. Circumstances typically not covered within this policy are:
- Goods in transit insurance
- Cash on premises cover
- Business interruption insurance
- Personal accident insurance
- Business travel
- Terrorism cover
- Engineering insurance
- Cancellation of events or contracts
Protect your business now - call us on 0800 188 4976
Our experts will compare quotes from the UK’s most trusted insurers and adapt your insurance to suit the needs of your business.
Call us on 0800 144 4808 and let's talk
Our service helps you get on - and stay on - lower, fairer rates for electricity, gas, landline, broadband, merchant services and insurance.
Prefer us to call you? Enter your details in the form on the right.
You complete the form, we call you, good things happen.