Compare Shop Insurance
What is shop insurance?
Depending on the type of shop you run, you’ll need a combination of different policies to suit the needs of your business. Whether you sell high value goods, or you transport stock, we have the right insurance policies for your business.
Why do I need shop insurance?
Shop insurance covers small businesses for:
- Financial losses related to employee injury or illness, and damage, loss or theft of your equipment and stock. If your business relies on certain items of equipment to function, having this type of cover is essential.
What does shop insurance cover?
Combining the right policies will give you essential financial protection against claims, or loss, theft and damage of products and equipment. Here are examples of situations where you may need cover:
There are many other risks you should consider when choosing your insurance policies. Our expert brokers can help with this when you call.
Which types of shop insurance policies do I need?
Whether you work on your own or employ staff, you’ll need quality commercial insurance to protect your shop against risks and claims. Here are a few examples of the policies you’ll need:
- Public liability insurance: Protects you against claims related to a customer, client or third party becoming injured, ill or suffering property damage.
- Business contents insurance: Covers the replacement of items, if damaged, lost or stolen.
- Business tools and equipment insurance: Covers the replacement of equipment, if damaged, lost or stolen
- Employers liability insurance: Employers’ liability insurance protects against claims related to injury or illness.
- Product liability insurance: Protects against claims for personal injury or property damage caused by a product your business designed, sold or supplied.
- Professional liability insurance: Covers cost of claims related to poor service or advice.
- Business interruption insurance: Provides financial support if your business is forced to close.
How much does shop insurance cost?
The cost of your shop insurance depends on a number of factors, including the type of shop and location. This will be more expensive, but essential if you want your business to be fully protected.
Protect your business now - call us on 0800 188 4976
Our experts will compare quotes from the UK’s most trusted insurers and adapt your insurance to suit the needs of your business.
Call us on 0800 144 4808 and let's talk
Our service helps you get on - and stay on - lower, fairer rates for electricity, gas, landline, broadband, merchant services and insurance.
Prefer us to call you? Enter your details in the form on the right.
You complete the form, we call you, good things happen.