Office insurance

We make it easy for you to get policies and prices from trusted insurers – and we can beat the price of your existing premium by 5% thanks to one of our leading providers.*

Call 0800 188 4912 or Get a quote

Office insurance

Find out what business insurance you may require for your office.

When we talk about office insurance we aren’t referring to a specific policy that gives all offices all of the cover they need – different offices face different risks, so no generic form of cover exists.

Office insurance is an umbrella term for a number of policies that can offer different types and levels of protection to businesses based in offices.

While the insurance policies that are relevant to you will depend on your business, there are some popular forms of cover that most offices are likely to consider:

  • Employers’ liability insurance:
    Employers liability insurance can provide cover if an employee makes a claim against your business for injuries or illness they suffer as a result of carrying out their duties at work. Employers’ liability insurance is almost always a legal requirement for any business employing staff, so if you have any full-time, part-time, temporary or even unpaid staff working at your premises you'll need to have this policy in place. However, there are certain exceptions to this – most notably if you only employ close family members.
  • Public liability insurance:
    A public liability insurance policy could offer protection in the event that someone is injured or their property is damaged as a result of your business’s activities.
  • Buildings and contents insurance:
    If unforeseen events such as fire, flood or storms cause damage to your office - or its contents are damaged, lost, destroyed or stolen - then buildings and contents insurance could insure against costs incurred as a result of these events.
  • Business interruption insurance:
    Business interruption insurance could cover you for the loss of earnings caused by an inability to trade, resulting from unexpected events such as malicious damage, fire, or flood.

If you rent an office space for your business, it's possible that the owner of the building may already have some of these policies in place. Buildings and contents insurance policies, for instance, are likely to be in place to cover the premises and the costs of this could be included in the rent you pay. On the other hand, you would need to take out employers’ liability insurance for your own staff separately.  In any case, it's recommended that you check with your landlord before taking out cover.

*We'll beat the price of your existing premium by 5% - See terms and conditions.

Related articles


Small business insurance



Equipment insurance


Landlord insurance


Business contents insurance


Call us on 0800 188 4912 and let's talk

Our service helps you get on - and stay on - lower, fairer rates for electricity, gas, landline, broadband, merchant services and insurance.

Prefer us to call you? Enter your details in the form on the right.

You complete the form, we call you, good things happen.

By submitting your details you agree to our terms and conditions and privacy policy.