Compare Cafe Insurance
What is cafe insurance?
Cafe insurance protects your business against financial losses in case of an accident or even if your cafe is forced to close. Whether you own a cafe, coffee shop or bistro, you’ll need commercial insurance in place to protect your company against risks and claims.
Do I need cafe insurance?
As a cafe owner, you’re responsible for the safety and service of every customer that visits your premises. So, if they were to become ill or injured due to the negligence of your business, you would be held liable. In this case, your insurance would cover any compensation costs or legal fees related to the claim.
Which type of coffee shop insurance do I need?
Whether you work on your own or employ staff, you’ll need quality business insurance to protect your cafe against risks and claims. Here are a few examples of the cover might need:
- Public liability insurance: Protects you against claims related to a customer, client or third party becoming injured, ill or suffering property damage.
- Business contents insurance: Covers the replacement of items, if damaged, lost or stolen
- Business tools and equipment insurance: Covers the replacement of equipment such as coffee machines or dishwashers, if they were damaged, lost or stolen.
- Employers liability insurance: Employers’ liability insurance protects against claims related to injury or illness.
- Product liability insurance: Protects against claims for personal injury or property damage caused by a product your business designed, sold or supplied.
- Business interruption insurance: Provides financial support if your business is forced to close.
How much does cafe insurance cost?
The cost of your policy could depend on a range of things:
- Where you cafe is located: Insurers will use a postcode rating to assess the risk of threats such as theft, flooding and subsidence.
- The levels of coveryou take out: The more you take out and invest in the safety of your business, the more it’ll be protected.
- The size of your cafe: A bigger business means more stock, staff, and contents, which means more potential risks and higher insurance claims.
What does cafe insurance cover?
You can take out a range of different policies to protect your cafe from financial losses. With the right insurance, small businesses can be covered for:
Additional policy extensions can be added, if you need protection that is more specific to your business’s needs.
Protect your business now - call us on 0800 188 4976
Our experts will compare quotes from the UK’s most trusted insurers and adapt your insurance to suit the needs of your business.
Call us on 0800 144 4808 and let's talk
Our service helps you get on - and stay on - lower, fairer rates for electricity, gas, landline, broadband, merchant services and insurance.
Prefer us to call you? Enter your details in the form on the right.
You complete the form, we call you, good things happen.