Business energy suppliers
Find out about all the business gas and electricity suppliers Make It Cheaper works with.
On this page you will find contact details for and key information about the 'Big Six' energy suppliers and other smaller suppliers who you should contact when looking to compare business electricity prices. You can use this information to contact your supplier and find out your contract end date, which will then enable you to use our service to compare business electricity and business gas to find the best business energy supplier with cheap business gas and electricity prices.
The 'Big Six'
British Gas Business 0800 652 4040
Part of Centrica, BGB is the UK's biggest energy suppliers, offering both gas and electricity for businesses. The company incorporates Scottish Gas Business, Electricity4Business, Bizzenergy, Enron and Electricity Direct.
EDF 0800 096 2255
Stands for Electricite de France and is the French state-owned company. In the UK, EDF looks after the customers of SWEB, Seeboard & London Electricity and so features in our comprehensive supplier panel with the rest of the Big Six.
E.ON 0345 055 0065
German-owned and includes the business electricity and gas customers of Powergen, Economy Power, Norweb, Eastern Electricity, East Midlands Electricity & Independent Energy.
npower for business 0870 161 1030 (gas), 0845 070 9494 (electricity)
Also has a German parent company (RWE) and, in the UK, includes business electricity and gas customers of Midlands Electricity, Yorkshire Electricity & Northern Electric.
ScottishPower Business 0800 040 7002
Owned by Spanish parent Iberdrola but offers business energy throughout the UK. Includes the business energy customers of Manweb.
Scottish & Southern Electric (SSE) 0800 389 44668
British-owned, also known as SSE and incorporates the business electricity and gas customers of Southern Electric, Scottish Hydro Electric, SWALEC, Atlantic Electric & Gas.
Smaller energy companies
0845 873 2294
0800 953 4774
0161 762 7744
Network operators who physically deliver business electricity and gas to your area
- SSE Power Distribution (North Scotland) 0800 300 999
- SP Power Systems (South Scotland) 0845 272 7999
- SP Manweb (North Wales, Merseyside and Cheshire) 0845 272 2424
- Electricity North West Ltd (North West) 0800 195 4141
- CE Electric / NEDL (North East England) 0800 668 877
- CE Electric / YEDL (Yorkshire) 0800 375 675
- Central Networks (East Midlands) 0800 056 8090
- Central Networks (West Midlands) 0800 328 1111
- EDF Energy (Eastern England) 0800 783 8838
- Western Power Distribution (South Wales) 0800 052 0400
- SSE Power Distribution (Southern England) 08457 70 80 90
- EDF Energy (London) 0800 028 0247
- EDF Energy (South East England) 0800 783 8866
- Western Power Distribution (South West England) 0800 365 900
- Exoserve (UK-wide for business gas) 0870 608 1524
Jointly owned by the five major gas distribution network companies (National Grid, Northern Gas Networks, Scotland Gas Networks, Southern Gas Networks and Wales & West Utilities), Exoserve runs the 'M Number hotline' to find out your business gas supplier / business gas supply number (meter point reference number) that enables you to compare business energy prices.
Other industry-wide energy bodies you may need to contact about business energy rates
- National Grid / Transco 0845 605 6677
- Consumer Direct (replaced Energywatch) 0845 4040506
- Consumer Direct Scotland 0141 226 5261
- Consumer Direct Wales 02920 787100
- Ofgem (Office of the Gas & Electricity Markets) 0207 901 7000
- Department of Energy and Climate Change 0300 060 4000
- Gas Safe Register (replaced CORGI) 0800 408 5500
- DEFRA 08459 335 577
- Experian 0844 481 8000
If you are looking to reduce consumption as well as your business energy rates
- National Energy Foundation 01908 665555
- Envirowise 0800 585 794
- Energy Savings Trust 0800 512 012
- Carbon Trust 0800 085 2005
Get a better energy deal for your business.
Our experts make it easy. We’ll search the market to find prices that are right for you - and we'll set up your contract to save you time as well as money.