The utilities industry is not renowned for its customer service
but we want to be different. We want to do something new.
Make It Cheaper is committed to offering the best possible
advice - with total impartiality and transparency - to help
businesses save time and money on all of their business services
from business telecoms to
So, how do we make this commitment a reality? We guarantee
- Our service is free to use
- We strive to answer calls in under a minute
- We will actually listen to what you need, not just tell you
what we 'think' you need
- We will use plain English - we won't bombard you with jargon
and technical terms
- We are 100% independent and not tied to any suppliers
- We use our buying power to negotiate better deals across the
- We are honest about which suppliers are (and are not) on our
- We never unfairly favour one supplier over another
- We explain each supplier's relevant contractual terms as well
as its prices
- We say if we think there is a better deal to be found
- We will alert you when your contract is up for renewal to avoid
you getting 'rolled'
- We really hate making mistakes but if you do suffer any
financial loss and we are at fault, we will compensate you for such
loss, subject to conditions
How Make It Cheaper earns its money
Make It Cheaper provides a free service and only receives a fee
from suppliers once it has safely transferred a customer to them.
Price transparency is key to earning the trust of its customers
and, whilst unable to publish all fees, it is happy to tell
customers what it earns on a case-by-case basis if they email their
customer ID to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The energy regulator - Ofgem - has published
a list of key questions that it recommends you should ask
business energy suppliers and brokers to improve your chances of
getting a fair deal. Rest assured you shouldn't need to ask Make It
Cheaper any of these questions but, if in doubt, please do. Please
note that Ofgem does not deal directly with any energy related
enquiries or complaints itself, but refers calls to Consumer Direct
(08454 04 05 06).