The 'Big Six' energy suppliers
In order to switch your energy supply with Make It Cheaper, you
will need to find out your contract end date. On this page you will
find contact details for and key information about the 'Big Six'
energy suppliers and other smaller suppliers who provide business
energy. You can use this information to contact your supplier and
find out your contract end date, which will then enable you to use
our service to find a better deal.
Look further than the big six
We search the whole market - which includes a host of smaller
business-only suppliers - to find the best deal for your business.
Switch and save thousands of pounds with our free
and impartial service.
Call Make It Cheaper today on
0800 970 0077
The 'Big Six'
British Gas Business
Part of Centrica, BGB
is the UK's biggest energy suppliers for business, offering both
electricity and gas. The company incorporates Scottish Gas
Business, Electricity4Business, Bizzenergy, Enron and Electricity
EDF 0800 096 2255
Stands for Electricite
de France and is the French state-owned company. In the UK, EDF
looks after the customers of SWEB, Seeboard & London
Electricity and so features in our comprehensive supplier panel
with the rest of the Big Six.
E.ON 0800 068 6516
includes the business electricity and gas customers of Powergen,
Economy Power, Norweb, Eastern Electricity, East Midlands
Electricity & Independent Energy.
npower for business 0845
Also has a German
parent company (RWE) and, in the UK, includes business electricity
and gas customers of Midlands Electricity, Yorkshire Electricity
& Northern Electric.
Business 0845 2700 700
Owned by Spanish
parent Iberdrola but offers business energy throughout the UK.
Includes the business energy customers of Manweb.
& Southern Electric (SSE) 01256 304278
known as SSE and incorporates the business electricity and gas
customers of Southern Electric, Scottish Hydro Electric, SWALEC,
Atlantic Electric & Gas.
Smaller energy companies
Network operators who physically deliver business electricity
and gas to your area
- SSE Power Distribution (North Scotland) 0800 300 999
- SP Power Systems (South Scotland) 0845 272 7999
- SP Manweb (North Wales, Merseyside and Cheshire) 0845 272
- Electricity North West Ltd (North West) 0800 195 4141
- CE Electric / NEDL (North East England) 0800 668 877
- CE Electric / YEDL (Yorkshire) 0800 375 675
- Central Networks (East Midlands) 0800 056 8090
- Central Networks (West Midlands) 0800 328 1111
- EDF Energy (Eastern England) 0800 783 8838
- Western Power Distribution (South Wales) 0800 052 0400
- SSE Power Distribution (Southern England) 08457 70 80 90
- EDF Energy (London) 0800 028 0247
- EDF Energy (South East England) 0800 783 8866
- Western Power Distribution (South West England) 0800 365
- Exoserve (UK-wide for business gas) 0870 608 1524
Jointly owned by the five major gas distribution network
companies (National Grid, Northern Gas Networks, Scotland Gas
Networks, Southern Gas Networks and Wales & West Utilities),
Exoserve runs the 'M Number hotline' to find out your gas
supplier/supply number (meter point reference number) that enables
you to compare business energy prices.
Other industry-wide energy bodies you may need to contact about
business energy rates
- National Grid / Transco 0845 605 6677
- Consumer Direct (replaced Energywatch) 0845 4040506
- Consumer Direct Scotland 0141 226 5261
- Consumer Direct Wales 02920 787100
- Ofgem (Office of the Gas & Electricity Markets) 0207 901
- Department of Energy and Climate Change 0300 060 4000
- Gas Safe Register (replaced CORGI) 0800 408 5500
- DEFRA 08459 335 577
- Experian 0844 481 8000
- Energy Ombudsman 0845 055 0760
If you are looking to reduce consumption as well as your
business energy rates
- National Energy Foundation 01908 665555
- Envirowise 0800 585 794
- Energy Savings Trust 0800 512 012
- Carbon Trust 0800 085 2005